Beacon Unitarian Church Communicable Disease Plan
Beacon is a covenantal community.
We live by our promises to one another.
Ours is a culture of consent.
Because many in our congregation are in a higher risk group, we are applying a higher level of care in Beacon’s Communicable Disease Plan. We will be cooperating with local and provincial health authorities and will implement additional prevention measures as required by a medical health officer or the provincial health officer to deal with communicable diseases in our workplace or region, should those be necessary.
COVID Protocols as of September 7, 2022
OUR SUNDAY SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
- Masks are required for the Sunday service unless a special arrangement is made with the minister. Please bring a mask from home, to save on mask costs for Beacon.
- We will not require vaccine passports at the door, however we ask that only vaccinated people attend the Sunday service in person, and we ask that unvaccinated people participate online.
- Masks are mandatory at the Sunday service at this time (exceptions must be approved by the Minister) for those 5 years old and up. Singing is allowed with masks.
- If you are sick or experiencing covid-like symptoms (including fever, cough, shortness of breath or acute fatigue, please join us from home rather than coming to Sapperton Hall, or any in-person meetings, in person.
- Adults (and children age 5 and over) who are vaccinated are welcome to attend in-person Sunday Services and other church events at Sapperton Hall. (Sunday services and many other church events are available online for participation from home).
- Unvaccinated children age 5 and under may attend church events with their vaccinated parents or guardians.
- If you are not vaccinated, please attend remotely via our Zoom link for Sunday services and the applicable Zoom links for other church activities and meetings.
- Doors will be open for ventilation as much as possible. (If it’s chilly outside, keep your coat handy!)
- Please use hand sanitizer upon entering.
- Disinfectant spray and paper towels will be provided at Sapperton Hall, including the washrooms. Please use these supplies to disinfect commonly-touched surfaces before you handle them.
- During Sunday coffee hour at Sapperton Hall, downstairs, masks may be removed while eating or drinking.