Beacon Unitarian Church is looking to fill TWO new paid positions. (Details of funding, from the Growth fund, can be found in the Board Bitz of the Summer Beacon. http://beaconunitarian.org/index.php/category/news/)
One is for a caregiver for our Nursery during Sunday services. The other is for a teacher for one of our Religious Exploration classes. If you know of anybody who might be interested in either of these positions, you are encouraged to pass this on to them.
Job Posting – Beacon Nursery caregiver opportunity:
Childcare provider for Beacon Unitarian Church Nursery, Sundays September 9th to June 16th inclusive
Hours: 10:15 am to 12:00 noon
Pay: $25 per Sunday.
Location: Sapperton Pensioners’ Hall, 318 Keary St., New Westminster
- must be 19 years or older
- previous Child care experience
- Criminal Record Check
- provide childcare for infants to 5 year olds, in the nursery room, during church services
- ensure the second nursery caregiver (a youth) has appropriate supervision
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug 10, 2018. Please put “Nursery” in subject line.
Job Posting: Religious Exploration Support Teacher
Beacon Unitarian Church in New Westminster is looking for a Religious Exploration Support Teacher (REST) to work with our Director of Religious Exploration (DRE). The REST will teach one of the two weekly religious exploration programs (preferably the younger one) based on Unitarian curriculum decided by the DRE and the RE Committee.
Pay: This is a part time paid contract position. The compensation is $200.00 per month.
Hours: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm each Sunday from September 9, 2018 to June 16, 2019 inclusive, with some prep time during the week. Attending a monthly evening RE Committee meeting is also required.
Location: We meet at Sapperton Pensioners’ Hall, 318 Keary St., New Westminster
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Teach one of the two weekly religious exploration programs (preferably the younger one) based on Unitarian curriculum decided by the DRE and the RE Committee.
- Read over the lesson plan chosen by the DRE and gather any materials needed for each weekly lesson. The DRE and RE committee are available for any support needed. Material to be presented Sunday morning must be read over in advance to enable comfortable and confident teaching.
- Let the DRE know if there are any on-going supplies that need purchasing. Help to maintain the order and function of the craft supplies and storage.
- Assist the DRE and Minister (or worship service coordinator) to coordinate and implement at least two inter-generational services a year
- Attend the monthly RE Committee meeting
- Experience teaching children and working with parents and volunteers an asset
- Good communication skills in writing and speaking English
- Ability to work cooperatively with the Religious Exploration (RE) volunteers, RE Committee, Board Members, members of the congregation and the minister
- Willingness to improve and expand knowledge and skills as necessary and appropriate
- Needs a criminal record check
Please reply to email@example.com with cover letter and resume by August 10, 2018. Please put “REST” in the subject line