Between September and June, our congregation meets on Sunday mornings at 10:30 am for services.
We meet at the Sapperton Pensioners’ Hall in New Westminster. Services last for approximately one hour and fifteen minutes (see our Service Description page for upcoming service topics).
Children and youth begin the service upstairs with their families. Early in the service there is a children’s story, called the “Story for all Ages”. After this, children and youth leave the service to attend the Religious Exploration program downstairs. For infants and young children (up to age 5), there is a nursery area available for parents to use as needed during the service. For more child related information, please see the “Families” section below.
After the service, there is a coffee hour downstairs, to which all are invited to attend.
Parking for the Sunday services, and for any Saturday Beacon event, is available in the parking lot at the back of Sapperton Hall, and in the lane behind the Hall. Parking in the lane, next to the Professional Building, is available to us also, including the spaces that say they are reserved for staff.
There is additional parking in the lot behind the Professional Building, which is accessed from Simpson St., with the exception of the one space that is nearest the street and is clearly marked as Reserved for MCFD emergency vehicles. This reserved space must not be used at any time. Foot access to the lane and thus Sapperton Hall is through the cedar hedge.
If parking in the limited spots on Keary St., one must be sure to obey the city parking signs. There are metered spaces close to the Hall, and free spaces further up the hill. Do not park in the spaces reserved for residents. There is similar street parking on Simpson.
You are welcome here! Beacon recognizes the vital contribution families make to a healthy congregation and we strive to provide a fun, welcoming and safe environment to do so. If you are new to Beacon, here are a few things we thought you might like to know.
- If your child(ren) remains with you in the service, there are quiet-activity supplies available if needed—check with the greeters.
- A nursery area is available for parents to use as needed during the service.
- During the ‘story for all ages,’ all children are invited (but not required) to sit as a group at the front, for the duration of the story.
- Immediately following the story, children aged five and up are invited to join us downstairs for multi-aged programming.
- Parents and guardians are welcome to accompany their children at any time.